SUDARSHAN VIDYA MANDIR INSTITUTIONS
4 Decades of dedicated service
BRIEF HISTORY OF THE SCHOOL
Sudarshan Vidya Mandir is an educational wing of the Gnyana Mandir Trust (Regd.). The Trust is the spiritual creation of Sri K.V.Aswathnarayan who visualized the ideal of real education and gave it a concrete shape in the formation of this purposeful Trust. The School Sudarshan Vidya Mandir was established in 1967 in commemoration of “Sudarshan” the late son of Smt. & Sri Aswathnarayan. The founders sought to breathe into this school the essence of Truth, Efficiency and Sacrifice that they as students learnt under the spiritual guidance of Mahatma Gandhi.
Sudarshan Vidya Mandir is chiefly devoted to the spread of knowledge and the inculcation of moral, intellectual and cultural values in young minds. It looks upon children as “Little Gods” and takes them into its fold irrespective of their caste, colour and creed.
- Sudarshan Vidya Mandir has grown since its first batch of a modest 40 students appearing for the S.S.L.C exams in the year 1983 to being the centre for S.S.L.C. exams from the year 1988 onwards.
- The year 1992 saw the Silver Jubilee celebrations of the Institution.
- In 1995, SVM opened its Pre-University College with Science and Commerce streams.
- Sudarshan Vidya Mandir ICSE Academy was born in the year 2003.
- The growth has resulted in the Pre Primary Section becoming independent since 2005.
- In the year 2011, we welcomed the new member of the family, Sudarshan Vidya Mandir CBSE Academy.
Sudarshan Vidya Mandir has grown phenomenally from a compact strength of 43 students in 1967 to 2900 in 2011.
Currently 250 staff members serve in The Sudarshan Vidya Mandir Group of Institutions and a fleet of 20 buses cater to the transport needs of the students.